What do you need?
- Liaise with your presenter prior to the excursion to find out if there are any pre- or post-activity sheets for the class.
- Ask students to bring workbooks and pencils.
- Settle your class in the room 15 minutes prior to the session.
- If you are unfamiliar with video-conferencing, ask another staff member, prior to the excursion, to show you the dialling system.
- Familiarise the students with the author/illustrator and their books, website etc.
- Ensure your ‘Mute’ button is on during the excursion unless your class is answering a question.
- Tell your students that they there will be questions to answer so that when the presenter asks a questions you can select a child and they will be ready to answer. Repeat the answer so it is clear for other workshop attendees
* Prepare some questions for the presenter or email them through prior to the excursion
We have scheduled a number of events for NSW Public School through DART Connections, a NSW Department of Education and Training Unit that provides support for NSW public schools to access video conferences. Bookings for these particular dates must be arranged with DART Connections. www.dartconnections.org.au
If your school is not a NSW DET school we can still run a video conference with you, all we need is the following;
- Your IP address (also known as the 'dial in' number).
- A virtual meeting room (VMR) number if available
- A date and time you wish to book.
Speak with your IT support officer if you need help in setting up a video conference with us.
If you have a Connections problem, contact DART Connections Help Desk at Dubbo on 1800 338483.
Polycom is an international corporate video conferencing equipment provider. Working with Polycom enables Literature Live! to offer content to Polycom’s vast network of corporate and educational clients throughout Australia and the rest of the world. It paves the way for all schools to benefit from technology - Government, Catholic and Independent. www.polycom.com.au